Explores the context for work on Muslim perspectives and priority issues for schools. Case study material illustrates the potential for classroom approaches, and web-site and resource references offer further support.
ISBN-10: 0 948838 88 4
Published in partnership with Islamic Relief
- Setting the scene and identifying the challenge
- Why is there a need for work in schools?
- Muslim communities in Britain ... and in the world
- Exploring Islam: the key beliefs and practices
- A role for teachers and schools?
- Citizenship - an opportunity?
- Getting started - Case studies:
- Muslim contributions to the modern world
- Muslim perspectives and the environment
- Investigating the role of the media
Useful articles relating to this resource
Exploring Muslim Perspectives
Thinking globally about local diversity
West Midlands Commission for global citizenship
Interested in this? See also:
Whose citizenship - a teacher's toolkit
Writing our past